How do I delete an instance of a test execution in Test Management for Jira?

Nicolette Molitor October 26, 2018

I can create many instances of a Test Execution, can they be deleted?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2018

I am afraid not, we plan to introduce this feature in the near future

Steven Tadic March 11, 2019

Hi Thiago,

How near is this future? :-)

Cheers.

Like # people like this
Chelsea Chase May 1, 2019

We just ran into this problem as well. We created an execution from the wrong version of the test case and now cannot remove it. Is there an ETA on when this will be released?

Like Tatyanna Cobb likes this
Rick Storcken May 6, 2019

@Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist]We also ran into this. For teaching purposes we did some 'dummy' test runs, just to show the working of statuses. These dummy test execution have an influence on the reports, so deleting certain test executions would be awesome!

Vitor Pelizza August 5, 2019

Hey guys,

Unfortunately we've been postponing this feature for a while. However, it is already implemented now, just waiting for some final checks before we release. Stay tuned!

hitesh kumar dewangan August 27, 2019

is this implemented now ?

hitesh kumar dewangan August 27, 2019

Do we have any ETA, when will this feature be launched?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

@Steven Tadic the future is near!

@Nicolette Molitor , @hitesh kumar dewangan , @Rick Storcken and @Chelsea Chase we are going to release this week a new version with this feature available.

Stay tuned in our Marketplace page.

Like Nicolette Molitor likes this
Chelsea Chase August 28, 2019

Thanks for tagging me @Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist]

We upgraded to 6.7.2-jira7 last night but I still can't seem to find a way to delete the execution records. Can you tell me where the option is?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2019

@Chelsea Chase I have recorded a short video showing how to remove executions:

https://www.loom.com/share/44295665eafd491290c7aeebdbff1a8e

Chelsea Chase August 29, 2019

@Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist]Thank you for the video. So the top execution can't be deleted? Only the secondary ones can? In our case we do not have multiple executions, we wanted to delete the main one, so it looks like this feature does not address that.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2019

@Chelsea Chase the top execution can be altered at any point and if you don't want it you can simply remove the Test Case from the Cycle, therefore removing the execution.

Madalina Eremia September 11, 2019

Hi Thiago,

Is this feature available also for Jira Cloud?

Like Veronika S. likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2019

Not yet, we are looking to implement it in the near future.

Madalina Eremia September 11, 2019

Hi @Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist] 

What means near future :)?

Can you give me an estimation?

Thanks,

Madalina

marjie wake December 3, 2019

@Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist]   I'm using Jira  v8.2.4, and not finding how to delete a test execution instance. I watched the video, and I do not see a trash can icon by the executions as shown in the video.  Has this been implemented?!  Seems like a pretty critical feature, so as not to skew results.

Please give us an update!

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

@marjie wake we have introduced this feature on TM4J 6.6 

If you need any further assistance you can create a support case here

marjie wake December 11, 2019

Thanks Thiago - our system admin updated our plugin last night, and we are now on v6.8. Now have the delete icon on test executions (except for latest one). 

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2019

@marjie wake I am glad to know it is working now. (the last execution is not meant to be deleted- the cycle has to have at least one)

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2020

@Puneet_Chawla  could you please clarify what is your question?

Anup Surendran February 13, 2020

Is this feature now available on the Jira cloud? If not, what is the current option to delete an execution that we may have been accidentally created (assuming it is not the first execution)

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2020

@Anup Surendran , no this feature is not yet available for Cloud and the best way to not an accidentally created execution is to use the API and modify the execution (this only works for users that run multiple executions), if it was a silly mistake I am afraid it cannot be undone.  

Veronika S. March 23, 2020
Like Denitsa Boiadjieva likes this
Deleted user April 20, 2020

Just voted. Could really use this feature because it's messing with reports for regression tests on major upcoming release! I can't delete the cycle because I need to keep the first two executions and other tests.

Like # people like this
Kate Coyne June 1, 2020

If you create a cycle this overwrites the last execution field which is painful.  If you delete that cycle(even if nothing was executed) the history from the context of each individual test case execution, is deleted.  However there seems to be a bug in TM4J in that the Test cases UI ->last execution remains unexecuted when it should have been the last execution(in this case pass/fail which matches what is actually showing in the test case-XXX executions!).

R Tam July 27, 2020

Are we in the near future yet?

Like # people like this
R Tam July 28, 2020

So smartbear support pointed me to https://tm4j-cloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ and I found https://tm4j-cloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TM4JC-I-271 I think others should vote for it there too.

Here's the link for the server ideas https://tm4j-server-dc.ideas.aha.io/, specifically https://tm4j-server-dc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TM4JS-I-286.  I'd recommend upvoting it.

Deleted user August 17, 2020

Yes, a delete feature would be really useful since I've created a bunch of dummy test executions for my automation tests. It would be good to delete these execution results since they don't serve my company and now they're basically clutter.

Like # people like this
Austin Roberts September 15, 2020

We really need to be able to delete the latest test execution. If someone accidentally starts a new execution then we can't transition our tickets since the workflow checks that the latest test execution result is a pass. If there is more than 1 test execution then you should be able to delete any of the executions.

Like # people like this
Cæcilie Morild January 11, 2022

The video Thiago Ribeiro [Adaptavist] linked to, does not exist anymore.

I really need to be able to delete test executions created by mistake.

Is there any way that could be done?

Like # people like this
Nemanja Babic February 3, 2023

Imagine waiting 5 years for this functionality. 

Like # people like this
João Noronha February 7, 2023
Like Austin Roberts likes this
João Noronha February 8, 2023

You may vote on the idea here: Jira Align

you need to be registered (and accepted) and logged in, before being able to view the page

Shabnam Shaikh June 25, 2023

@João Noronha - Getting following error. 

jira align issue.png

Like Austin Roberts likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events