How do I create a parent task with sub-tasks in Trello / BigPicture?

Sharon Eaton January 24, 2019

In the tutorial for Trello / BigPicture, it shows and mentions 'Parent Tasks', in grey, and Sub-Tasks in colour. How do I set this up? 

1 answer

0 votes
Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Hey @Sharon Eaton

It is quite simple. Just select a task which you want to become a Sub-Task and use arrows on the main BigPicture's menu in order to move that task under its future Parent Task. 

arrows.jpg

If you want to find out more about our Power-Up, you can always visit our documentation for BigPicture Trello

Cheers. 

Sharon Eaton January 28, 2019

Thank you, got it now!

heather.hartley June 10, 2020

I have tried pressing these arrows, but it doesn't do anything. Do you know why this is happening? 

Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2020

@heather.hartley, not being able to see any video demonstrating this behavior, my only guess is that you have "Group tasks" functionality enabled. 

Was that the case? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events