How do I change field value from linked issue to epic to the Epic stories and the stories subtasks?

Itamar Ben Sinai June 13, 2017

Hi,

I was able to create a rule that changes field value on a linked issues separately, and on epic and it stories separetly, but I need to be able to trigger one rule by the other so the filed value will be changed all the way down to the subtask.

Tried with issuing an publish event (issue update) on the end of the 1st rule and triggering by the 2nd rule, but it does not work

Please advise

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2017

Hi Itamar,

yeah so going 2 levels down the hirarchy (Epic -> Story -> Sub-task) is a bit tricky still.

With your 2 rules, did you have the "Check to allow other rule actions to trigger this rule. Only enable this if you need this rule to execute in response to another rule." checkbox ticked in your second rule (the one that's meant to be triggered by the first rule)?

We turn this off by default to prevent loops when executing, but if you need one rule to trigger another, you need to check this checkbox in rule details.

Cheers,

Andreas

Itamar Ben Sinai June 15, 2017

Thanks, It worked!!

Like Luca Calderone likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events