How do I automatically trigger a status change on another issue JIRA?

Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

I have a story with 3 (linked) tasks. When task 1 is Done I want automatic change the status of Task 2 to the state To Do and then when Task 2 is Done Task 3 to the state To Do
Is this possible with automation add-on?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

This is the way I resolved it now.
When task 1 is transition to state DONE a automation rule change a customfield of the Story with the value Task 1 DONE,
and another automation rule change the state of task 2 to TO DO when in the story the custom field in the story is edit to "Task 1 DONE".

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2018

You would need to use the Branch rule / Related issues component. You will be able to find linked issues and perform actions on such issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events