How do I assign different default Jira Issue values depending on where they are created?

Gustav Weslien May 4, 2017

I want to use inline issue creation at the bottom of the Scrum Board Backlog.

Depending on which board I am currently using in the project (different teams have different boards with different filters) I want to set different default values on some fields.

I can't find ANY way to accomplish this, and I would really like to :)

Thanks

Gustav

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2017

Hi Gustav,

Unfortunately this isn't possible right now.  There's no information on the newly created issue about which board it belongs to.  This doesn't get stored against the issue.  Instead each board has a JQL filter that defines which issues are shown in the board.

The only thing you could do is setup an automation rule that kind of simulates this.  You'd have to setup an automation rule per board that would look like this:

• Trigger: Issue created
  • JQL Condition: Use the JQL of your board here
  • Edit issue Action: Set some fields

This would only work though if the JQL of your boards is mutually exclusive (that is - an issue can only appear on one board only).  If it's not, then 2 (or more) rules may run for the same issue overwriting each other's values.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

Andreas

Maximilian Leistner September 15, 2017

i tried this but it does not work :/

Maximilian Leistner September 15, 2017

The field the board is filtered by is not set on issue creation. That is the problem in my case. The TEAM field of portfolio should be set depending on the board i am. any ideas?

Joe Capka July 3, 2018

+1 here, exact same problem. Boards are great for teams except for this annoying limitation

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events