How can we use textarea instead of input?

Sometimes we have too much information to enter in custom user profile (short bio for example).

We'd like to use textarea field for it instead of input. How can we change this field?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If you are looking for something similar to the "About me" section in default Confluence, which is a text-area supporting wiki-markup, I am afraid this is currently not possible in CUP, as it supports only simple input fields at the moment. You could however create a featue request here: https://bitbucket.org/seibertmedia/custom-user-profile/issues

Thanks for your suggestion with bitbucket! You are right, we do not support this feature at the moment.

Thank you!

I'll create a feature request

Hi @Konstantin Kulikov,

thank you for your idea. This sounds very interesting. We will definitely look into such a feature.

Could you imagine using the Confluence comment-editor for an about me text?

Keep looking at the issue in bitbucket:

https://bitbucket.org/seibertmedia/custom-user-profile/issue/4/textarea-field-in-profile-editor

Greetz paul

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

529 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you