How can we make a private add-on public in the Atlassian marketplace?

Candylio January 4, 2015

We have put a very first version of our add-on to the marketplace and set it as private. Now we want to make it public for free so that everyone can download and benefit from it but couldn't find a way. Please help us. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2015

Hello there,

Please check the steps available on Selling On Marketplace.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2015

Slight correction: that page describes how to create a *new* public listing, but in this case the add-on already has a (private) listing. So what you want to do is 1. go to Manage Listings; 2. click on your add-on's name in the Add-ons list, to bring up the page for editing the add-on; 3. click on the "Details" tab; 4. change "Visibility" to "Public" and save the form. Note that this will put the add-on into the "awaiting approval" state, since all new public listings (free or paid) have to go through the approval queue, but once it's approved it will be public.

Candylio January 5, 2015

Thanks @Eli Bishop, this is the correct answer (I cannot upvote it because it's a comment). However, I have already checked this tab before and the field has been disabled. I just checked again and saw that now I can change the Visibility to public.

elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

Hmm, that's odd, not sure why the field would have been disabled before. There wasn't any message underneath the disabled field explaining why? And were the other fields enabled?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events