How can test steps now be cloned in Zephyr 1.7?

ErikB May 1, 2013

The release notes for 1.7 state: Test steps can now be cloned by the Structure add-on

Hopefully this doesn't mean the Structure plugin is required in order to be able to do this, as that's another significant cost required to perform a task that should be native to Zephyr.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding and simply not seeing how it's possible to now clone test steps within a Test issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2013

Hi Eric,

I've requested our verbiage to be changed to better reflect the perforamance we added.

I've suggested:

"Support for the Structure add-on issue clone process to include test steps."

There are a lot of cloning plugins out there and we added support for this specific one. If any other plugin uses the same mechanic as the structure plugin to bulk clone testcases, then this plugin would also be able to bulk clone test steps.

ErikB May 7, 2013

I see. I was hoping it meant we could clone a test step(s) within a test for new steps with very similar verbiage.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events