How can i hide the ID numbers of issues to use on IVR

Danilo Ferrari January 18, 2018

Hi,

We need to improve the Jira Service Desk to use it when called to the IVR.

At the time the customer first calls us, he needs to be given a numeric ID for future reference. We provide the Issue ID that is registered with the Jira Service Desk. (i.e., AT-3243).

When the customer calls back to our URA to know the status of the open call, he can not enter the issue ID for the reason that his cell phone or phone can not type letters in the URA.

What suggestion do you give me to solve this question?

1. Is there any way to provide only numbers in open issues?

2. Can I generate a custom field with unique numbers and try to configure for the URA to search for this field?

3. Is there any plug-in that can help us?

4. Can i develop some script or code that will be do this?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

Hello,

You could create a custom field and fill it automatically on issue creation. You would need an add-on for scripting like Power Scripts or Adaptivist Scriptrunner.

Danilo Ferrari February 1, 2018

Thanks @Alexey Matveev

I will try it.

0 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2018

Every Jira issue has a numeric id such as 12315322 and then an issue key such as AT-3243. The issue key changes if you move the issue to another Jira project. Jira redirects in that case.

I suggest a scripted read-only custom field that shows the numeric issue id.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events