How can i customize JIRA for project time tracking and reporting ?

Vishal Kayship May 14, 2017

We're using JIRA issue tracking. We want to create a customized time tracker for our team of users (for software development projects) that can have several fields/drop downs like "Project Name" , Customer Name". "Feature Name" , "Source of Requirement" , "Task"  etc - so this goes beyond tagging a "ticket" with time spent ... is this possible ? The second thing is to integrate this with JIRA issue tracker and import time spent on "support tickets" 

1 answer

0 votes
Eva Kasiak May 15, 2017

hi before I will answer wanted to clarify:

1. would you like to export the time logged by users into csv or xls?  
  2. would you keep using standard jira time tracking functionality? or you consider other time tracker?
Vishal Kayship May 15, 2017

1. Yes 

2. Other time trckers welcome as well as long as we can completely custoize the fields/drop downs that can be shown...JIRA time tracking preferred though

Eva Kasiak May 15, 2017

ok thanks then I would just create custom screen schemes assiociated with specific issue types, actions and fields configuration. Once you have custom screen you assiociate it with a project and when team members start working on a team project they start loggin the time via Log time functionality. If you would like then to make some more custom time and tasks reports you can use JQL to tailor your report and include custom fields or any other data helpfull for reporting. I hope this helps this was much I was able to suggest following your description :) 

Yes this really helps thank you - like i said we use JIRA already for trouble tickets ... how do i create custom screens ? Also is there a time approval(accept/reject) workflow i can put on top of this ? Please point me to detailed documentation / manuals you have on this topic thanks a ton

btw will we need AIO Timesheets plug-in ? I see we already have the Log time functionality ...thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events