How can a Scrum board programmatically be created and configured?

at the moment I'm trying to develop a plugin for JIRA to create preconfigured projects. For this I used the tutorial - Creating a project template. In addition to configure the project, a corresponding Scrum board should be created and configured. I've reviewed the API description. However, I only found the experimental interface BoardService, which only allows the creation of a board but no configuration. The JIRA REST API does not offer any configuration options too. For example, I want to change the number of columns. Is there a suitable API for this application and if so, which one?

The plugin is to be developed for JIRA Server v7.0 or greater.

With kind regards

Julian

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Julian,

This may be possible with an third party add-on such as Bob Swift's JIRA Command Line.  Take a look at the createBoard function.

Cheers,

Branden

Hello Branden,

Thanks for your answer. Is there no way to create a board without a third pary add-on and to add an additional column with a corresponding status to that new created board? If I look at the parameters of the createBoard function, there is unfortunately no possibility to specify a configuration. 

Cheers, 

Julian

Sorry, I don't have an answer. I have the same problem you had/have and am also making a plugin that creates pre-configured projects. I'm hoping you'll answer two questions for me.

1.) What were you able to create using the BoardService interface?

I was able to create Board objects using the service, but these Board objects didn't seem to be related to the scrum boards I was trying to create. After creating a Board object in the plugin, I was unable to find a newly created board anywhere on the Jira web-site.

2.) What was your final solution for creating the board?

Did you use Bob Swift's Jira Command Line? another third party program? or did you come up with an alternative resolution?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

718 views 4 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you