How can I use the linked issues validator to require a certain issue type to have at least one issue link of a specific type?

Jamie Saliga October 23, 2015

How can I use the linked issues validator to require a certain issue type to have at least one issue link of a specific type? 

For example, I have a Task issue type and a Bug issue type. I want to prevent the Task issue from being able to transition from Open to In Progress unless it has at least one "is blocked on" issue link.

I've been able to get it to work for the Task issue type but it seems to create a circular dependency where the Bug issue type now requires a link but this is not intended...

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2015

You can implement that validation using "Boolean validator with math, date-time or text-string terms" with the following configuration:

Captura de pantalla 2015-10-23 a las 22.08.17.png

Boolean expression used is:

%{00014} = "Task" IMPLIES count(linkedIssues("is blocked by")) > 0

Note that %{00014} is field code for "Issue type"

Jamie Saliga October 30, 2015

Thanks Fidel! This worked great. We purchased this plugin for our client. Got another question for you but will create another question.

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2015

Hi Jamie,

Do Task and Bug issue types share the same workflow?

Do you want to require at least one "is blocked by" issue link in order to allow Tasks to be transitioned from "Open" to "In Progress"? Do you have any condition on statuses and/or issue type of the linked issues (i.e., blocking issue)?

Jamie Saliga October 23, 2015

Yes the Task and Bug issue types are currently sharing the same workflow.

Yes, we want to require at least one "is blocked by" issue link in order to allow Tasks to be transitioned from "Open" to "In Progress". 

As for conditions, we only want the requirement on Task and not Bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events