How can I upload generic testng results to X-Ray with attachments and defect comments in JIRA?

ravibitragunta June 18, 2017

I am trying to upload testng report data to JIRA following the link: 

http://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/XRAY/Import+Execution+Results#ImportExecutionResults-Example3-GenericTests

But the issue am facing is, I am unable to upload any attachments, even after giving them under evidences section (after encoding base64)

Is it feasible to upload the test execution results with attachments? 

Even after uploading the results, I do not see comments getting updated in the defect, can you tell me how to do so? 

Also I want to update the transition and other fields of JIRA, can you tell me how can we do that? 

sample JSON:

{
"tests" : [
{
"testKey" : "PROJ-2",
"start" : "2017-08-31T11:47:35+01:00",
"finish" : "2017-08-31T11:50:56+01:00",
"comment" : "Successful execution",
"status" : "PASS"
},
{
"testKey" : "PROJ-1",
"start" : "2017-08-31T11:47:35+01:00",
"finish" : "2017-08-31T11:50:56+01:00",
"comment" : "Successful execution",
"status" : "PASS",
"evidences" : [
{
"data": "c2FzZGFzZHNhZGFzZGEK",
"filename": "/Users/ravi/Desktop/a.txt",
"contentType": "text/plain"
}
]
}
]
}

I do not see where the comment gets reflected. I do not see the comment neither in test execution nor in test case section

I need to understand this as I am trying to integrate selenium with X-Ray in my project to bring down the manual testing

1 answer

0 votes
Xpand IT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

Hi ravi,

Thanks for using Xray :)

Xray does support reporting results and embedding attachments. You may see an example here for Xray JSON format; please see "Xray JSON results" section.

In the future, I kindly ask you to directly contact our support using our service desk here.

Best regards,

Xray for JIRA Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events