How can I show start and end date of an epic in eazyBi?

Clifford Sanders March 25, 2014

Hi,

I have epics with 'Planned Start' and 'Planned End' set.

In eazyBi I have 'Epic Link' in 'Rows' and 'Measures->Calculated Members->Issue Planned Start/End' in 'Columns'.

Eventually I want to create a gantt chart but the columns 'Issue Planned Start/End' are empty.

What could I be doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

Hi Clifford,

'Epic Link' dimension does not contain all issue properties, it only displays link to issues. It can be used together with Issue dimension to filter out all issues that are in certain Epic.

To create report you were looking for you should add Issue dimension on Rows and Issue Type to Pages. Select "Epic" from Issue Type and "Hide Empty rows and columns" to show only Epics. See example report.

Note that I have used Issue created date and Issue resolution date Measures on columns. This is only as example. If you have more problems with creating the report, please provide me more details on how you have defined "Issue Planned Start/End" dates.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Clifford Sanders March 30, 2014

Thanks Lauma,

that worked.

I now need to configure the progress like in

https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Gantt+chart

but using the story points of the stories which are linked to an epic.

It should be something like this:

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Original estimated story points] > 0 THEN
([Measures].[Original estimated story points]
- [Measures].[Remaining estimated story points]) /
[Measures].[Original estimated story points]
END

Is this possible?

Regards,

Clifford

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

To do this I added three more calculated measures to the report

1. "Story points created within epic", that sums up all story points that are created in the Epic. Note that you need to add DefaultMember of each Dimension you have in Pages.
  2. "Story points due within epic" in similar way as previous
  3. "Story Points resolved within Epic %" which is the actual displayed measure. It uses previous two measures in a similar way as you described in formula.

Note that you can see all formulas by clicking on "show" or you can export the report definition and import it to your JIRA instance, see more in documenation about report exporting and importing. Calculated members will be defined for you in your eazyBI account while importing report.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Clifford Sanders April 2, 2014

perfect. thanks again

Regards,

Clifford

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events