How can I set customer request type when an issue is created within the JIRA channel?

Stephen Tew June 15, 2017

I would like to set the request type to match the issue type for issues reported through the JIRA channel. Our customers would want to see all issues reported whether by agent or through the portal. When I try to add Customer Request Type in the automation tool it says it cannot do it. Is there a way to set the jql to set that field?

4 answers

0 votes
Stephen Tew July 10, 2017

Is there a way to set it to the value of another field? I have the proper Organization in a database field, and I would like to set it to that if possible

0 votes
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2017

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately for the time being there is no way to set the customer request type field. This is a limitation imposed on us by the JIRA rest api. We have raised in issue with JIRA to get this fixed (https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JSDECO-36), but unfortunately our hands are tied until that happens.

You can set the organization field, but you need to use its id (which is a bit ugly) 

"fields": {
    "Organizations": [1]
 }

To get the id, you can navigate to the organisation and it appears at the end of the url.

id.png

Hope that helps.

Scott

Stephen Tew June 19, 2017

That did work!! Is there a way to set it based upon the reporters organization value? So if a reporter is in the organization, set it to that?

Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Unfortunately not. I think it would be a great feature though, I have raise an issue for it. https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-393

Thanks,
Scott

Stephen Tew June 26, 2017

Is there a way to set it to another fields value? Example: I have another field named organization that is coming from a database, can I set this organization to the value of that field, knowing they will always match?

Stephen Tew June 29, 2017

Do you have any insight on my last reply? Would I need to write custom code, or use a different plugin?

0 votes
Stephen Tew June 16, 2017

I also need to set the Organizations field so that when an agent puts a ticket in for a client as the reporter, it will insert their Organization. I tried

{
    "fields": {
        "customfield_10002" : "Organization Value"
    }
}

And it says successful on the edit, but didnt set anything. Please, all help is appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events