How can I see what is causing my user macro to fail?

paulboomgaart December 3, 2012

I'm working on a user macro that will generate javascript that would allow my confluence users to render RallyDev content on a page. If I take my code and paste it inside Bob Swift's HTML macro on a page it works just fine. When I convert it into a user macro with no parameters it turns into a cannot render template error.

Where can I see more detail on what could be causing the error in the user macro? Is there a logfile or something I can look at?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2012

Hi,

I suspect you may be hitting this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-26104

As a workaround you may want to try to put the javascript code in a .js file on your webserver and simply include that file, that will prevent Confluence to alter the javascript code within the user macro (I experienced CDATA encapsulation to be added into javascripts)

1 vote
Daniela Scheiwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

For my JQuery-Scripts it helped to replace all "$" with "jQuery", maybe that's an issue as well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events