How can I see timesheet in Tempo Account ?

Mathieu Hamel January 21, 2015

Hi, I want to see something like this : https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Account+Timesheet

I have

Account -> Client -> Project <- Team

I am jira-administrator

I am in the project Tempo Project Managers role

I am in the Tempo Team associated with this project

I have all permissions for that team (browse team, approve timesheet, plan time)

I have logged time for the current range (current week)

I will have many projects for that account, and would appreciate a global Account view of time tracking.

What am I missing ?

tempo-1.jpg

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

Have you configured the Account either as a worklog attribute or as a custom field on the issue?

You can to then select the correct account while logging work or creating the issue. Only then the worklogs will be mapped to the correct account.

1 vote
Björn Brynjar Jónsson January 21, 2015
You are right, we are aware the empty state needs to guide users towards setting the account up correctly.  This is something we will make right soon smile
By using Tempo Accounts you can setup reports giving you overview of hours estimated, worked and sold(billed) over multiple projects. In the following example what I did was:
  1. Created an account "My Billable Projects”
  2. Linked two Projects to the account (a. Service and Support b. AKA Control System)
  3. "Bulk edit" issues in these projects and set the Tempo Account field as “My Billable Projects”
Having done this I can open the Account Timesheets and select my "My Billable Projects” account which gives me the following overview:
Screenshot_2015-01-08_23.57.29.png
Screenshot_2015-01-09_00.01.06.png
Screenshot_2015-01-09_00.02.31.png
All the best
Björn Brynjar Jónsson
Timesheets Product Owner 
0 votes

I'll accept once it works. - Accepted This should be in the suggestion on the sceen when empty. I was looking at permissions and roles while I should have looked at attributes.

Thank you again

0 votes

Thank you Jobin, I haven't done this. It makes sense.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events