How can I retrieve the commit information from JIRA after the plugin stores it . ?

rishiranka_bitbucket August 23, 2012

How can I retrieve the commit information from JIRA after the plugin stores it . ?

I want to retrieve the commit svn information for each issue and store it in external database .

Actually I want to retrieve all the svn informatiuon for each issue according to the issue ID which is stored by folllowing https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion plugin . I am developing a plugin where I need to get all the information related to an issue like - history ,worklogs,attachments , comments , etc and transfer it to a webservice to archive it .

Hence all the above data is directly availbale using Jira java api . But the subversion commit info is due to external plugin (above link ) , hence it is not available directly . My issue is I dont know how to retrieve this information ?

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Looking at the atlassian-plugin.xml - there are no public components exposed:
https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/jira-subversion-plugin/src/85c4d684caea/src/main/resources/atlassian-plugin.xml?at=master

The plugin is pretty much read only - you'd have to use something else to index/scan your svn commits for the log messages. Especially since the commits can come in even though there are no activity on the issue object.

0 votes
roject luo May 7, 2013

Hi Rishi, have you got a solution ?

0 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

JIRA is in fact an issue tracking system, while FishEye is the source control application I would target your question to. But maybe I just not understood the question - what "plugin" do you mean?

Also, why do you want JIRA to do that? I would rather set up your SVN repository post-commit hooks to store the values in the database after commit. Otherwise please elaborate what you are trying to achieve...

rishiranka_bitbucket August 23, 2012

Hello . Thank you for your reply .

Actually I want to retrieve all the svn informatiuon for each issue according to the issue ID which is stored by folllowing https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion plugin . I am developing a plugin where I need to get all the information related to an issue like - history ,worklogs,attachments , comments , etc and transfer it to a webservice to archive it .

Hence all the above data is directly availbale using Jira java api . But the subversion commit info is due to external plugin (above link ) , hence it is not available directly . My issue is I dont know how to retrieve this information ?

Thank you .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events