How can I retrieve the commit information from JIRA after the plugin stores it . ?

How can I retrieve the commit information from JIRA after the plugin stores it . ?

I want to retrieve the commit svn information for each issue and store it in external database .

Actually I want to retrieve all the svn informatiuon for each issue according to the issue ID which is stored by folllowing https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion plugin . I am developing a plugin where I need to get all the information related to an issue like - history ,worklogs,attachments , comments , etc and transfer it to a webservice to archive it .

Hence all the above data is directly availbale using Jira java api . But the subversion commit info is due to external plugin (above link ) , hence it is not available directly . My issue is I dont know how to retrieve this information ?

3 answers

JIRA is in fact an issue tracking system, while FishEye is the source control application I would target your question to. But maybe I just not understood the question - what "plugin" do you mean?

Also, why do you want JIRA to do that? I would rather set up your SVN repository post-commit hooks to store the values in the database after commit. Otherwise please elaborate what you are trying to achieve...

Hello . Thank you for your reply .

Actually I want to retrieve all the svn informatiuon for each issue according to the issue ID which is stored by folllowing https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion plugin . I am developing a plugin where I need to get all the information related to an issue like - history ,worklogs,attachments , comments , etc and transfer it to a webservice to archive it .

Hence all the above data is directly availbale using Jira java api . But the subversion commit info is due to external plugin (above link ) , hence it is not available directly . My issue is I dont know how to retrieve this information ?

Thank you .

Hi Rishi, have you got a solution ?

0 vote
Daniel Wester Community Champion May 07, 2013

Looking at the atlassian-plugin.xml - there are no public components exposed:
https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/jira-subversion-plugin/src/85c4d684caea/src/main/resources/atlassian-plugin.xml?at=master

The plugin is pretty much read only - you'd have to use something else to index/scan your svn commits for the log messages. Especially since the commits can come in even though there are no activity on the issue object.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

177 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you