How can I print from Gantt Chart plugin for JIRA ?

Yuji Ishii June 25, 2013

Is there a way to get a print version of Gantt chart ? I know you have export functionality for Powerpoint, however it is too small for the purpose of management review.

Thanks a lot in advance for your advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

Yes, based on that amount of tasks I agree. Conceptually, after a very short time the print-out is obsolete and out-dated: that's why I have more focussed on online-usage.

Would an export to powerpoint and print out of that suitable for your needs?

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

I recommend to switch into full-screen mode and use the browser embedded print functionality.

Yuji Ishii June 25, 2013

Thanks a lot for your reply.

We have around 100 tasks for each project to be scheduled in WBS and Gantt chart. Your plugin is very good for manage our WBS, but printing full-screen by browser is not suitable for the review at a glance.

Lara Pietersen October 18, 2015

Doesn't work. It prints the navigation not the gantt chart.

Christina Smolarek November 20, 2016

Have any improvements been made to allow for printing of Gantt charts in the intervening years since this question was first raised?

James Young November 28, 2017

You have got to be kidding, there is no way to print the Gantt Chart?

Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2017

Sure you can print: save any Gantt-Chart as a scalable vector graphic (SVG) being supported by all tested browsers or export as PDF in e.g. Safari (OSX), Firefox (Win, OSX) or Chrome (Win, OSX) and use Acrobat's feature of poster-printing on multiple pages. Documentation can be found on my wiki at https://polscheit.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/GANTT/pages/67600403/Gantt-Chart+for+JIRA+Release+4.1.x within section "Exporting".

In case of any question, feel free to contact me as also described on the main wiki-page (http://gantt.polscheit.de): that's may be more efficient and faster.

Kind regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events