How can I make it so it doesn't assign new test issues to the default assignee?

Joe Patel January 24, 2013

Whenever a new test case is added, it automatically assigns it to the project lead which is our default asignee for new issues but we don't want that for "Test Case" issues. Is there something in Zephyr that can be set to avoid this?

2 answers

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

sounds like you need a seperate workflow like chris mentioned.

if you're fine with your current one...just copy it...afterwards edit the copy and edit the post-functions from "Create" transition. add something like "Assign to current user" or "assign to reporter" (wait a minute...isn't this the same? while someone files a new issue...the reporter == the currentUser isn't he?)

if you want to specify your own choose "Update Issue Field" and then set your value of choice

save that workflow and add it to the "Test Case" issue-type

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Hi Joe,

You should use your JIRA issue type control to accomplish this in the JIRA Administration area.

Generally speaking, you can accomplish this by setting a different workflow for the issue type of Test via a different workflow scheme.

If you have questions on this process, I'd get JIRA support to assist.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Joe Patel February 7, 2013

I don't think this works b/c it appears you can only use one workflow scheme for all of the issues in the project. I want only the Test Issue type to be treated differently.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events