How can I make Discovery export all scanned hosts?

Alex Kodnar February 27, 2018

Hello.

I have a problem with Discovery.

It obviously scans specific hosts, according to the log files. I can see the hostname, NetworkInterfaces, OS and so on (in the log file). 

After scanning the network, Discovery transfers the resulting zip.file to a specific folder. And when I check the xml for the scanned hosts not even 10% appear. 

Does anybody have a clue how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings

Alex

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Kodnar March 2, 2018

The problem was the setting of threads and timeouts. 

I set the thread-settings too high and the timeouts too low, therefore the system scanned too many hosts at the same time and as it didn´t finish on time, the scan got arboted. 

0 votes
Alex Kodnar February 28, 2018

EDIT: For some hosts there´s an error concerning the object reference and object instance. Maybe this helps.

EDIT: At the moment I assume that the scans get aborted and therefore the hosts won´t be saved to the final file. I´m currently trying to tweak the Thread- and Time(out)settings. Probably this helps.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Alex,

Can you let me know which Atlassian product your question is related to so I can make sure to put it in the proper collection?

Regards,

Shannon

Hello Shannon.

The product is Riada Discovery.

Regards,

Alex

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Alex,

Thank you for confirming! I moved your question over to the Marketplace collection and I have tagged it for the vendor so they will be able to see your questions.

Kind Regards,

Shannon

Thanks Shannon,

but I already figured out, what the problems were. It were indeed the thread- and timeout settings. At least for Discovery.

Thanks,

Alex

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 1, 2018

Alex,

Thank you for confirming.

If you'd like, you can post the answer again under Suggest an answer and I can accept it in case other users are having the same issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events