How can I fixe this: "Error rendering macro 'content-column' : null" when exporting to PDF?

Shirly Tsang June 19, 2018

While exporting my workspace to a custom PDF, I got this error: "Error rendering macro 'content-column' : null" for two specific pages. Others were OK. How can I fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2018

Hi Shirly,

The content column macro is part of the Brikit Theme Press add-on. Here are the details on Brikit's site: Content Column Macro.

I am not sure why the PDF export is not able to render the content from the add-on. I am moving your question to the Marketplace collection so Brikit's staff can possibly shed more light.

Thanks,

Ann

Shirly Tsang June 21, 2018

Thanks, Ann!! We haven't heard from Brikit yet. Do I actually need to check with them?

Regards,

Shirly

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

The Brikit team does use this forum, so I was hoping they would respond here, but they also have a public-facing bug tracker. I signed up for an account on their JIra instance and was able to view this bug report:

Error rendering macro 'content-column' in space HTML or PDF export

Perhaps it would be worthwhile for you to sign up and then comment on that to see if they have an ETA for a fix or a workaround. The link above should take you to a page with an option to sign up for their Jira instance.

Sounds good!! Thanks for the advise, Ann!

Shirly

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2018

Hi @Shirly Tsang,

This might be a permissions situation.  Insure you have permissions to view the content.

Example: PDF export that prints an "excerpt-include" macro will throw the "error rendering" message if you don't have permissions to view the content.

Thanks, Jonathan! We checked our permissions and that didn't seem to be the problem. We'll look into other possibilities.

Shirly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events