How can I deactivate the edit-button in JIRA Gantt-Chart Plugin for a special group

Martin von Arx May 18, 2014

we want to show the gantt-chart for all developers (jira-developer). but the developers should not change the gantt-chart itself. therefore we wants to deactivate the edit-button.

Only users of the group "jira-teamleader" should be able to activate the edit-button.

Is there a possibility to to that?

Regards Martin

5 answers

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

The dashboard is for overview purposes (display only) e.g. for project manager and has conceptually no edit button: containing e.g. multiple projects, it may not be clear which permissions shall be used in case of multi-projects etc.

If you want to edit issues of a project, you have to switch into that project.

Kind regards,
Frank

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Martin,

please download my latest JAR-file from my server at http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-3.1.5-JIRA6.jar and install it via „upload“ button on JIRA’s page „manage add-ons“ as system administrator.

Having installed v3.1.5, enabled "edit-issue" or "schedule-issue" permission for the current user displays the edit button (pencil) on the top right of the Gantt-Chart. If the current user does not have "schedule-issue" permission, due date and planning dates cannot be modified within the left side of the Gantt (info panel) nor move/resize/link gantt-bars on the right side within the Gantt-diagram.

Is this okay for you?

Kind regards,
Frank

Martin von Arx May 20, 2014

Hi Frank,

thanks for your changes. Your implemented new feature is that what we want.

Kind regards

Martin

rt-jira June 11, 2014

Hi Frank,

I dont know what happend. But now for all projects having Edit-Issues and Schedule-Issues permission the edit button (pencil) on the "Dashboard - Gantt-Chart" is missing. Inside the project gantt-chart the pencil works ok.

Installed Version is: 3.1.5-JIRA6

What could be the problem?

Regards

Martin

Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2014

The dashboard is for overview purposes (display only) e.g. for project manager and has conceptually no edit button: containing e.g. multiple projects, it may not be clear which permissions shall be used in case of multi-projects etc.

If you want to edit issues of a project, you have to switch into that project.

Kind regards,
Frank

rt-jira June 11, 2014

Ok thanks for the answer.

Kind regards

Martin

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014

If you developers have edit-permissions, then they can always modify the issue's due date as well as all other customfields like "planned start" or "planned end" just be viewing the related issue and clicking on "edit" button. I will think about a solution based on schedule-issue.

Kind regards,
Frank

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2014

Hi Martin,

please download my latest JAR-file from my server at http://www.polscheit.de/plugins/jira/gantt-chart/gantt-3.1.4-JIRA6.jarand install it via „upload“ button on JIRA’s page „manage add-ons“ as system administrator: I have implemented, that the edit button will be displayed only if the logged in user has edit-issue permissions for the related project.

Kind regards,
Frank

Martin von Arx May 19, 2014

Hi Frank,

thanks for the fast answer/solution.

Please can you add to your solution an other project permission additionaly. Our developers need the edit-permission for the defined workflow. But they don't need the "Schedule Issues" - permission.

We want to permit that the developers can change the "Planned End" / "Planned Start" / "Due Date".

Kind regards

Martin

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2014

Hi Martin,

can your developers edit issues natively within JIRA based on your configured permission scheme? In that case, what would a developer prevent from modifying planning dates (custom fields) directly? I am thinking of a suitable, generic solution to be build in.

Kind regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events