How can I create an issue with a cascading selection custom field (option-with-child) with JRJC?

Roberto Luis Rodriguez-Estevez December 21, 2017

I defined a cascading selection custom field in my JIRA instance, contained almost in all JIRA screens: It appears in particular in the creation and edit masks.

The first selection for cascading selection allows the options "TV", "Radio" and "Internet".

Child-options for TV are "ARD", "ZDF", "NDR", for Radio are "EinsLive", "BigFM", "WDR2", for Internet are "YouTube", "NetFlix" and "AmazonPrime".

I want to create an issue containing the "value" Radio - WDR2 for the corresponding field. (Via JIRA REST JAVA CLIENT is mandatory.)

In order to do so, I tried to imitate the JSON response comming from JIRA, via https://myserver/browse/issue-key.

JSON snipet for that field:

"customfield_11207":{"value":"Radio","child":{"value":"WDR2"}}

Here is my Code:

IssueInputBuilder builder = new IssueInputBuilder(PROJECT_KEY, BUG_TYPE_ID, "Experimental");
// ... set some mandatory fields  ...
ComplexIssueInputFieldValue headOpt = ComplexIssueInputFieldValue.with("value", "Radio");
ComplexIssueInputFieldValue childOpt = ComplexIssueInputFieldValue.with("child", ComplexIssueInputFieldValue.with("value", "WDR2"));
List<Object> fieldList = new ArrayList<Object>();
fieldList.add(0, headOpt);
fieldList.add(1, childOpt);
builder.setFieldValue("customfield_11207", fieldList);
// ...
IssueInput input = builder.build();
// ... getIssueRestClient.
// ... get a Promise<BasicIssue> via client.createIssue(input)
// ... get the BasicIssue via promise.claim();
//

Exception text:
RestClientException{statusCode=Optional.of(400), errorCollections=[ErrorCollection{status=400, errors={customfield_11207=Can not deserialize instance of com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.rest.json.beans.CustomFieldOptionJsonBean out of START_ARRAY token
 at [Source: N/A; line: -1, column: -1]}, errorMessages=[]}]}

Please help.

F1!

Thank you very much!

1 answer

0 votes
zeldigas March 28, 2019

You need to put child inside parent value to make it happen. In snippet you pass it as separate one

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events