How can I create a tree structure using Zephyr for Jira?

Deleted user August 29, 2017

Hi,

I'm evaluating the possibilities of Zephyr for Jira (currently we have a free trial period and try to understand if meets our requirements).

We used to have the test cases in TestLink organized by folders and subfolders in tree structure. We imported the test cases to Zephyr and now the structure is lost. As far as I know, you recommend to use Components and Labels to manage test cases, but it's not convenient. Is there any way to organize tests in tree structure? 

Regards,

Anna

4 answers

0 votes
asharam@punchh.com January 28, 2020

I'm evaluating the possibilities of Zephyr for Jira.

We used to have the test cases in TestCollab organized by folders and subfolders in tree structure. We importing the test cases to Zephyr but zephyr is not supporting structure. As far as I know, you recommend to use Components and Labels to manage test cases, but it's not convenient. Is there any way to organize tests in proper hierarchical format.?

0 votes
Arun Ravindran September 25, 2017

Hi Anna

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.Currently we dont have the availability of the folder structure in Zephyr for Jira Cloud but it is definitely in our product road map.

We however have a folder structure implementation in our standalone test management tool called "Zephyr Enterprise Edition".

Kindly check the link below for more details on the same

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZEE50/pages/78053397/Release+and+Global+Tree

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

nirit sade November 25, 2018

do you have the availability of the folder structure in Zephyr for Jira Cloud?

Wysulalthaf Feroz May 27, 2019

do you have the availability of the folder structure in Zephyr for Jira Cloud?Did you get answer Please

Deleted user October 8, 2019

2019 - and still not possible to create a folder hierachy :(

manalgamal April 29, 2020

same issue till now in Zephyr for Jira Cloud

anton.berezhnyi January 14, 2022

Hello from 2022, what about folder structure now?

Erik Teno January 11, 2023

It's 2023.  We are still looking for a folder structure. Possibly moving from Testrail.  It seems all major test suites have a folder structure. Don't want to use the Enterprise Edition.

0 votes
Mehron Latifi August 31, 2017

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately, there is a limitation within Jira itself when it comes to building out folder structures and other means of scalability. As the number of test cases and testers increases, you will want to consider purchasing a stand alone solution which will allow you to scale as needed.

If that time is here, please feel free to look over our solutions at www.qmetry.com

We offer a suite of products from a Test Management to exploratory testing and automation onPremise and in the Cloud. All of these solutions, of course, integrate with Jira so you wont lose any functionality or traceability.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Mehron 

0 votes
Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Hi Anna,  

Our JIRA plugin SynapseRT supports tree structure of Test Cases, here is the product site: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.go2group.jira.plugin.synapse/server/overview

And we also support to migrate TestLink Test Cases (.xml file) with their structure to SynapseRT directly. I would suggest you have a try to check if it meets your requirement.  

Regards,

Cheney

Deleted user August 30, 2017

Hi Cheney, 

Thanks for prompt answer! I followed the link you provide, and it looks like SynapseRT can't be used with Jira Cloud. Am I correct? What solution would you advice for Jira Cloud?

Regards,

Anna

Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2017

Hi Anna,

Unfortunately, currently SynapseRT doesn't support JIRA Cloud:(. 

Regards,

Cheney

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events