How can I build a image library?

Victoria Stanbach January 11, 2018

Hi,

I'm experimenting with my company's established use of Confluence 5.10.8, trying to create a place for our designers to share libraries of images (mostly icons).

I haven't found anything in the out-of-the-box features or plug-in marketplace that seems dead-on, so I'm just curious to know whether anyone has created something like this before, and how.

It seems like I can get half-way there by customizing the Attachment Table to show thumbnails, but at first glance, this still appears to come up short. Here are a few of the things I'm running into:

• I'd like to display thumbnails by default, allowing the user to hover or click a thumbnail to view the image's name and view/edit its labels, but:

- It seems like Attachment Table links all cells directly to the image file.

- Gallery does the thumbnails-only view well, but doesn't provide access to view/edit their names or labels, or to download the full versions.
  • I'd like the ability for these collections to scale (hundreds of images at first, thousands eventually) but:

- Just from initially playing with the Attachments and Attachment Table items, I don't see any indication of pagination.

• I'd like to allow users to search and see thumbnails in the search results, but:

- I haven't found any info on a plugin that can do this yet.

Thanks for any advice you can share.

1 answer

0 votes
Sally Diab March 1, 2018

any replies to this? I am also looking for an answer. Thank you.

Sally Diab March 1, 2018

The attachment table is lacking and when you have over 7000 images things just start to crash in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events