How can I amend the time spent field for users using Tempo time-tracking?

Nadine September 5, 2012

Hello

We have recently started logging tasks in JIRA and requested accurate time-tracking by users through the Tempo plugin.

The problem is that work on some tasks had already started and was even completed before we officially started time-tracking in JIRA but we did not import values for time spent when we initially imported all tasks in JIRA. Hence, we would now like our admins to change the time spent on some tasks without logging exact dates and results through tempo to get an up-to-date view of total effort and progress .

The JIRA log work module is currently disabled to enforce the use of Tempo time-tracking. Would we have to enable it again to access the time spent data or is there any other way of 'manipulating' those values?

Many thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Viðar Svansson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi,

You will always need a date for each time tracking data. So I don't think you can do this unless you somehow override the value of "Time Spent" field on the issues. But it might be reverted once you log more time on the issue. I don't think that you will gain anything by enabling the JIRA Log Work action as it is pretty much the same as Tempo but with less functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events