How can I add a url in the body of an outgoing email trigger by automation?

Deleted user August 22, 2017

I have recently started using the Automation tool and am currently trying to trigger and email with specific fields to be sent to a few emails. I have found a few Smart Fields here https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AUTO4J/pages/27656216/Smart+Fields but I am unable to add to my email a link using the {{issue.key}} . Is there a way to do that and is there a larger list of Smart Fields available somewhere?

Thank you,

Ramzi

4 answers

9 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2017

Hi Ramzi,

In order to send email with a link to the issue you can use the following configuraiton:

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 2.04.39 pm.png

All fields that are available in JSON representation of the issue are available as smart values. As Jira is so configurable, we can't say what exact fields are available but do provide an example on the page you mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nick

Martina Schmidt July 22, 2020

Hello Nick, 

I was having the same issue. I just tried your suggestion and so happy that it works like a treat.

Thanks so much!

Tina

6 votes
Will Wilson July 12, 2018

Might have been added since the last reply but I found you can use

{{issue.toUrl}}
Reto Wagner November 28, 2018

I've tried {{issue.toUrl}} but value is empty when using in emails. Do you have any experience with this smart value?

Deleted user March 21, 2019

<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.key}}</a>

Like # people like this
Rich Imbrogno November 10, 2020

Is this a straight replacement for {{issue.key}} if Issue key is currently being displayed however not an active URL?

Martin Boev March 14, 2022

@[deleted] thank you!!

1 vote
Marcos Gonçalves June 18, 2021

Is it possibe to sent an email with the link to the release that were relesed?

0 votes
Baris Sehitoglu April 20, 2022

your issue was updated: <a href="https://yourinstance.atlassian.net/browse/{{issue.key}}">{{issue.key}} - {{issue.summary}}</a>

That worked for me. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events