How can I access the repositoryDefinitionManager from a Bamboo Rest plugin

Kepio May 6, 2012

I am writing (updating) a Bamboo REST endpoint to try to manipulate the repository properties. The previous code was doing something along the line of:

BuildDefinition definition = plan.getBuildDefinition();
        Repository repo = definition.getRepository();

HierarchicalConfiguration config = repo.toConfiguration();

config.setProperty(key, value);
        repo.populateFromConfig(config);

Starting with Bamboo 3.X and the possibility of having multiple repos, I need to use a repositoryDefinitionManager. I added the following setter, but it does not get executed.

public void setRepositoryDefinitionManager(RepositoryDefinitionManager repositoryDefinitionManager)
    {
        this.repositoryDefinitionManager = repositoryDefinitionManager;
    }

As such, when I try to access the repositories, I get a null pointer ( since the repositoryDefinitionManager is null).

Any thoughts?

Also, is there a generic way to update a repository properties like the original snippet (using HierarchicalConfiguration)? I am still not clear on how to save the changes into the repo.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kepio May 7, 2012

Turns out that doing the following worked - it still seems a bit weird to me as of why (why the default injection mechanism does not pick up the setRepositoryDefinitionManager), but it did !

repositoryDefinitionManager = (RepositoryDefinitionManager) ContainerManager.getComponent("repositoryDefinitionManager");

James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

Thats because the object hasn't been made available for Atlassian Plugin v2 plugins. I've asked an engineer to make it available in 4.1, so the standard injection should work fine with that release.

0 votes
Kepio May 7, 2012

So it seems like V2 plugins can't have access to the repositoryDefinitionManager. And from what I understand, V1 plugin can't have REST access--> I can't use the repositoryDefinitionManager

Meanwhile, I tried the approach suggested in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38471/bamboo-plugin-help-with-repository-and-repositorydefinition

without success - the new definition is not saved.

HierarchicalConfiguration config = repository.toConfiguration();
            	config.setProperty(key, value);
            	repository.populateFromConfig(config);

RepositoryDefinition repositoryDefinitionWithNewData = new RepositoryDefinitionImpl(
            			repositoryDefinition.getId(), 
                        repositoryDefinition.getPluginKey(), 
                        repositoryDefinition.getName(), 
                        repositoryDefinition.getPosition(), 
                        repositoryDefinition.getDescription(),
                        RepositoryConfigHelper.prepareXmlConfiguration(repository, 
                                                                       repositoryDefinition.getWebRepositoryViewer()),
                        repositoryDefinition.isBuildTrigger(),
                        repositoryDefinition.isMarkedForDeletion(), 
                        repositoryDefinition.isGlobal());

PlanHelper.getRepositoryDefinitionMap(plan).put(repositoryDefinitionWithNewData.getId(), repositoryDefinitionWithNewData);

0 votes
Kepio May 6, 2012

I added the @Required annotation, no warning/exception got logged, and the object is still null. What should be looking at as far as the configuration is concerned? I have other setters that seem to work properly:

setVariableDefinitionManager

setPlanManager

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2012

THe "magic" that atlassian's documentation points towards with these setters is dependency injection, using the Spring framework.

To see why an instance is not being provided you can add the @Required annotation to your method.

You should then se4e in the logs an error for that method, likelty something like "unable to find required bean repositoryDefinitionManager as it required a single unique bean but none were available"

If so, it means that class is not in the current context, and you will not be able to get a handle for it. If you do not see any such warnings, but the object remains null than your class is not being registered as a bean in the context, and would point to some configuration troubles.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events