How To Move Gliffy Diagrams Within A Page

Gliffy for Confluence v. 4.5.4

Confluence v. 4.2.7

I use the Insert -> Gliffy diagram to insert a diagram into a page that has a lot of existing content. Perhaps I insert it in the wrong spot. How can I move the diagram further up (or down) the page?

Drag and drop on the diagram doesn't work when in the Confluence editor. The only way I can see to move the diagram in the editor is to delete or insert lines above it. In Confluence 3.5 there was the Wiki markup view in the editor and I could move the Gliffy macro manually. Confluence 4 made that disappear so now I'm stuck...

2 answers

1 accepted

You should be able to edit the page, then click once on the Gliffy page element. Press ctrl+x on the keyboard to cut this out of the page, then paste it where you want it. Keyboard shortcuts for the clipboard work nicely in the new editor, they're just not very evident in the editor as the context menu usually consists of just edit and remove.

Yep, that worked, thanks! I spent nearly half an hour trying various things and didn't try that. Guess I'm just not used to the editor in Confluence 4 yet (just upgraded today).

Atlassian have taken some stick over the new editor, but I think it has it's advantages and it will get refined with every release. You can still insert raw wiki markup (option in the Insert menu), but I only need to use that on rare occasions for injecting values into macro parameters.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

851 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you