How To Move Gliffy Diagrams Within A Page

James Pearce July 3, 2012

Gliffy for Confluence v. 4.5.4

Confluence v. 4.2.7

I use the Insert -> Gliffy diagram to insert a diagram into a page that has a lot of existing content. Perhaps I insert it in the wrong spot. How can I move the diagram further up (or down) the page?

Drag and drop on the diagram doesn't work when in the Confluence editor. The only way I can see to move the diagram in the editor is to delete or insert lines above it. In Confluence 3.5 there was the Wiki markup view in the editor and I could move the Gliffy macro manually. Confluence 4 made that disappear so now I'm stuck...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012
You should be able to edit the page, then click once on the Gliffy page element. Press ctrl+x on the keyboard to cut this out of the page, then paste it where you want it. Keyboard shortcuts for the clipboard work nicely in the new editor, they're just not very evident in the editor as the context menu usually consists of just edit and remove.
James Pearce July 3, 2012

Yep, that worked, thanks! I spent nearly half an hour trying various things and didn't try that. Guess I'm just not used to the editor in Confluence 4 yet (just upgraded today).

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012
Atlassian have taken some stick over the new editor, but I think it has it's advantages and it will get refined with every release. You can still insert raw wiki markup (option in the Insert menu), but I only need to use that on rare occasions for injecting values into macro parameters.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events