How I can run a rule on existing story

Karl Fecteau November 28, 2017

I have created a rule to create sub-task story creation. Does it's possible to apply this rule to an existing story?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

Hi Karl,

How many existing issues are you looking to add this subtask to, and on what condition. There are 2 ways you could do this:

1. Use a manual trigger, that way you could do it on a case by case basis.
  2. Or you could do it in batch using a scheduled trigger. You would configure you scheduled jql trigger to search for the issues you are after then apply the create subtask action to them. 

A schedule trigger reveals an option to "run rule" which will run it immediately, then after that you could just delete the rule.

Let me know if that works for you.

Scott.

Varsha Thakre May 31, 2022

Hi Scott,

I have same question. Teams wants to add the sub-task on existing stories from active sprint as well as the stories that are already created for upcoming sprint.

Can you share step by step guidance with available options.

0 votes
Karl Fecteau November 28, 2017

Thanks Scott! Manual trigger is really nice. Later I will try schedule trigger only for my personnel knowledge.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events