How Does Filter Work in Work Calendar?

Greg Sutton September 28, 2015

Hi Volodymyr,

In Work Calendar - How does the filter impact  on the list of items that are searched on in the Issue Key of the Log Work screen?

I'd hope that the filter selected in the lefthand panel would restrict the list displayed as you enter information in the Issue Key - and while it does seem to make a difference it doesn't strictly limit the list.

This could be a problem for us because we have a lot of potential issues and the one page of search items is not enough. If we can apply a filter on the search list if improves the chances of finding the required issue.

i.e. If we have a filter selected that only returns a maximum of 40 issues then I'd hope that when entering text in the Issue Key in the Log Work screen - that the text search would be restricted to the 40 issues set by the filter. 

However,  seem to get search results from outside of the filter.

If this could be corrected that would be a major help for us.

1 answer

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2015

Hi Greg,

Thank you for using Work Calendar!

Actually I did attempt to implement the "filtering for issue picker" and actually had included it to some of the previous releases but then customers started to complain that the auto-complete is empty and I discovered a bug (my opinion) in Atlassian REST API method that is used for autosuggestion. Atlassian's opinion is that it's not a bug but expected (although undocumented) behavior. Anyway I can not push them to fix if they do not want to smile. So I had to remove "filtering for issue picker" and now it is as it is sad. Some history:

[Work Calendar] Subtasks not listed in the "Issue Key" field

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ACJIRA-314

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events