Hours Worked by team member

Phil Perkins August 9, 2017

For accounting purposes, I need classify what each team member worked on, new functionality versus maintenance each month. While I'm able to pull this information for the most part each month using the below query, I can't seem to get only the hours worked for the specified month. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Query used:

status changed from "In Progress" to "In QA" by "<NAME>" after '2017-07-01' before '2017-08-01'

Notes:

• I use these specific statuses so that I can specifically look at the developers. I use different statuses for the testers hours.
  • We use a field called "Hours Spent" that contains the data I need, however, this is an agregated value so it can often cause duplicate. (60 hours in May, 62 hours in June instead of it being 60 hours in May, 2 hours in June)
  • I often get noise where the "Hours Spent" was not changed during this specified time frame but something else was changed during this time.
  • I have to do this for each team member which is time consuming.

I know there has to be a better way. How do you handle these types of requirements.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events