Historic approval information

Stefan de Pagter September 22, 2015

Hello Sir/Madam,

We are really interested in the Herzum plugin to use in our company. However we really need a historic approval tab, also for auditing purposes. 

I understood this functionality is part of the add-on v. 2.10 ( due date September 29).

Can you confirm this is still on track to be delivered on this date?

Many thanks,

Stefan de Pagter

16 answers

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

The add-on will provide additional preference settings for the Approval History tab, so that you will be able to hide the Automatic Transitions.

The feature will be available in our next release version 3.3 (due date: December 16).

Regards,

Antonella

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter October 21, 2015

HerzumHistoryTab.jpg

Hi, The approval tab really works nice!. One question is that the automatic transitions are also visible in the approval history tab. Can this be removed? In our process if all approvals are given JIRA automatically moves the issue to the next status (JIRA automatic transition).

Ideally I would expect this transition to be set in the "Transition Tab" instead of the approval history tab.

This can cause some concern with the users.

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter October 19, 2015

Thank you, we will install it and let you know. 

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2015

Hello,
version 2.11-GA-6.0-6.4 is now available in the Marketplace.
I hope that the Approval Hstory tab completely meets your requirements.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter October 5, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Thank you for the feedback. Looking at our situation; we would like to use this plugin for our newchange management process including 2 herzum approvals in the same process;

1. Open
  2. Implementer Review (Herzum Approval)
  3. CAB (Herzum Approval)
  4. Approved
  5. Implemented

There is a possibility of multiple Implementer Review - and CAB approvals. The approvals are based on groups. The approval history tab should include the Approval name, Date/time, Person, Approval Group, Approval status (Approved/Rejected) and comments.

For us this is sufficient. It should not contain to much information and the most important thing is that is should be user friendly. For example the table name "Source Status" can be confusing for people. In fact you would just want to see what are you approving (workflow status name " CAB " , "Implementer Review".

I have modified your latest picture to match our situation. Hope this gives you a better picture.

If you want to know more details I can always give you a demo what we have now.

Thank you,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2015

My proposal consists of showing the group name under the Approval column header  together the Approval Name.

By example: If an Approval has been configured based upon a group picker custom field named 'Approving Groups' and the groups selected on the issue are 
'Product X ', 'Product Y', 'Product Z', the Approval History will display under the Approval column header the following information:

Approval
Approving Groups: Product X
Approving Groups: Product Y
Approving Groups: Product Z

Can it work for you? Do you need a separate column header instead?

Regards

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter October 4, 2015

Hi Antonella,

The new picture looks much better already (user friendly). 

As discussed before is it possible to add the possibility of a group name field as well?

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2015

Heng,
thanks a lot for your feedback!

The bug for IE9 has been already investigated and fixed. 

The fix is going to be available with v.2.11(Due date: October 14).

Regarding the Comments made in the Approval History, the reason why a Comment has not been show in the same row respect to other data, consists of it can include a long text so that It may require right-scrolling much before to entirely display it.

We are evaluating the possibility to improve the look of the tab drastically; the following screenshot shows how we consider restyling it:

ApprovalHistoryLook.PNG

We will appreciate your feedback and will use it to evaluate changes.

Best Regards

Heng Cheong October 5, 2015

The restyling does look much better. Look forward to it.

0 votes
Heng Cheong October 1, 2015

Quick feedback on the latest version: 2.10-GA-6.0-6.4

• Clicking on the Approval History tab not working for IE9.
  • Works in Chrome.
  • Comments made in the Approval History tab would ideally show in the same row ... as it may be difficult to the eye to distinguish which approver made which comment (top one or bottom) - especially when we have multiple approvers - 30+
0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2015

The request to release the new add-on version on the Atlassian Marketplace has been opened yesterday.

I expect that, as usual, it is going to be managed very soon.

Regards

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter September 30, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Thanks we will test it in the new version and will give our feedback. When can we expect the version as the estimated due date was 29/09/2015.

Thank you,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2015

Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Approval+History has been upgraded so that

you can review the new screenshot showing the information you have required under the Detail column.

Regards,

Antonella

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter September 24, 2015

Thanks for your reply.

As long as this information is there we are fine. It just need to be clear for auditors;

• What workflow status is approved.
  • What group approved it.
  • What person in the group approved it.
  • What date/time the approval was given.

Can you send me perhaps a screenshot so I can validate this with my teams?

Thank you.

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2015

This requirement can be meet but the Column name need to be 'Detail' instead of 'Group Name' because the field need to be consistent with other allowed Approval configurations as well (based on Project roles, list of user, etc).

This field will display the information showed under the 'Detail' column before that an approver approves.

Please, let me know if it meet your needs.

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter September 23, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Thanks for the information. Will it also be possible to add the group in the history tab?

For example

Transition / Group Name / User /   Date 

CAB            Product X      User1    10-10-2016 12:23

CAB            Product Z      User2    14-10-2016 17:23

This is an audit requirement.

Can this be added as well?

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2015

Hello,
I can confirm that this functionality is going to be part of the add-on v. 2.10 and that the estimated due date is September 29.

Please, follow the link below that anticipates the functionality to be released: 

https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Approval+History

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events