Hiding issues within projects

Hello,

I would like my "clients" a user type to view only issues that have reported/created.

How do I go about this?

If I remove them from browse projects they see no projects and issues.

Can I please get some help here?

Thanks

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

This doesn't look like a hipchat question - is your tag wrong?

Anyway, no, not off the shelf, but yes, there's an easy fix if you're not using OnDemand.

The problem you've run into is a common one - the natural thought is that "browse = reporter" means "the person who reported this issue can see it". But Jira doesn't see it that way, it thinks "anyone who might have reported this issue can see it". There are reasons for this, but they're not very interesting so I won't bore you.

There is a simple fix - there's a "reporter browser" permission which you can enable and use instead, and it works perfectly. Caveat - it can break Jira if you use it outside the "browse" permission, which is why it's disabled by default. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission

Hello Nic,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have Jira 6.0 as a service so we don’t have access to a JIRA Installation Directory, can we make a similar change in the configuration?

Bimpe

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Nic,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have Jira 6.0 as a service so we don’t have access to a JIRA Installation Directory, can we make a similar change in the configuration?

Bimpe

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 4 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

26 views 0 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you