Hiding issues within projects

Anonymous February 14, 2013

Hello,

I would like my "clients" a user type to view only issues that have reported/created.

How do I go about this?

If I remove them from browse projects they see no projects and issues.

Can I please get some help here?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes

Hello Nic,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have Jira 6.0 as a service so we don’t have access to a JIRA Installation Directory, can we make a similar change in the configuration?

Bimpe

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2013

This doesn't look like a hipchat question - is your tag wrong?

Anyway, no, not off the shelf, but yes, there's an easy fix if you're not using OnDemand.

The problem you've run into is a common one - the natural thought is that "browse = reporter" means "the person who reported this issue can see it". But Jira doesn't see it that way, it thinks "anyone who might have reported this issue can see it". There are reasons for this, but they're not very interesting so I won't bore you.

There is a simple fix - there's a "reporter browser" permission which you can enable and use instead, and it works perfectly. Caveat - it can break Jira if you use it outside the "browse" permission, which is why it's disabled by default. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Current+Reporter+Browse+Project+Permission

Hello Nic,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We have Jira 6.0 as a service so we don’t have access to a JIRA Installation Directory, can we make a similar change in the configuration?

Bimpe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events