Hide assign action button on view screen

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to hide Assign button using script runner Hide UI Element functionality as described on following site 

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/fragments/HideUIElement.html

I tried with following configuration but it did't worked :(

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2017

Hi Rambanam Prasad

You are victim of a common mistake when using this feature.

The condition should evaluate to FALSE, not TRUE. As you can read in the condition it says "Under which circumstances should this link be displayed"

If you make your condition to use the != instead of the ==, it should work well.

Also, you cannot use this feature to hide the "Assign to me" button, but you can inject JS into a panel that does just that... It might be a bit difficult.

This could be another option to consider, but they are both "hard" to do.

Do say if I can help you further.

Good day!

DYelamos

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2017

It worked Thanks!

what do you mean for following message? I think it is saying condition should true

"Condition Note that the item will be displayed if the code returns a truthy object."

SAI KRISHNA November 29, 2017

Hi Rambanam Prasad . 
I need your help to fix some groovy scripts .

Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2017

Hey SAI.

Why don't you talk with us at Adaptavist and hire our professional consulting services? We could help you out.

Cheers

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events