Hide Radio field when not in a certain status

Hello,

I've been attempting to use the Behaviors plugin to make a field hideable unless it is in a certain status.

I get a message saying, "The field Escalation is not hideable, so it will only be hidden when the issue is editable."

There is documentation to convert it, but the field is a radio button field, and the conversion to hideable fields doesn't seem to be applicable.

Is there another way to resolve this?

Thanks,

James

1 answer

1 accepted

Hey James,

Currently it is possible to set a serverside behavior script to run given a certain condition; such as a required status. But unfortunately, this doesn't work in the context of the issue View screen. The field would be hidden in the Update or transition screens, but would still be visible (but not editable) on the View screen:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 12.13.05 PM.png

Other than that, there is no way that I know of, using Behaviors, that you can accomplish this functionality. 

You may only be able to do this with some custom JavaScript.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

3,337 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you