Hidding Subversion tab

Julien Borgeaud October 30, 2012

Dear Atlassian,

I'm interessted by the Subversion pluggin, but would like to know if it is possible to hidde the Subversion tab (on the issue page) depending on the project role assigned to the user, or based on other criterias.

Thanks
Best regards
Julien

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PauloP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi Julien

The source tab will be hidden to users not allowed to View Version Control in the related project permission scheme.For further details, please use the following link as your guideline:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Managing+Project+Permissions

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

1 vote
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi Julien,

Since you would like to hide the Subversion Commits tab in the issue view screen from certain users, I believe that this may be possible by configuring the View Version Control in the associated permission scheme. Basically, the View Version Control permission controls user ability to view source code commits details in JIRA issues.

I also found the following documentation which may help:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+Restrict+the+Subversion+Commits+Tab+to+Selected+Projects+or+Users

I hope that the info above helps.

Cheers.

0 votes
Avinash Gautam January 10, 2018

Hi All,

I am using JIRA 7.3.7 and tried the above solution for changing project permission for "View  Development Tool". But still i see it is not working.

I have made the "View Development Tools" permission for Jira-admins or with admin role. But i have tested and get to know that even a user in just a User role is been able to see commits in the "Subversion ALM" tab in the issues. 

Please let me know how to achieve this as this is  very important for our security for users. We are using a large number of users for single project in JIRA. Let me know if you need any other  info or details.  Thanks!

--Aviansh Gautam

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2018

This is something that needs to be raised with the author of the add-on, we can't configure that.

0 votes
Julien Borgeaud October 31, 2012

Hi guys,

Your both comments answers my need.

Thanks a lot
Best regards
Julien

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events