Herzum approval issues and additional filtering using JQL

S July 30, 2015

We have installed Herzum Approval plug-in and we believe it suits our needs. However there are a lot of issues we are running into so we would like to have some support in making sure that our concerns are addressed before we could proceed with purchasing the license. Following are some of the issues we noticed:

1. While associating approvals to any transition, the browser hangs. We are forced to kil the page for every association we had to perform
  2. When we used a multi-user field for approvers, every approver is listed twice - which is incorrect
  3. We did not find a provision to apply further filtering using JQL. Without this, the system sent 1000s of emails when we associated an approval with a particular transition for an issue type in a project
    I am sure we would run into more issues so we would like to have resolutions and support to complete our remaining validation and proceed with purchasing the plug-in

2 answers

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2015

Hello,
the just released version 2.9 has redesigned the Approval Mapping Administration.
I expect that it fixes the issue you have reported (browser hanging while associating approvals to any transition).
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2015

Hello,
Thanks for the interest in our add-on.
Please, review my answers below.

Question: While associating approvals to any transition, the browser hangs. We are forced to kil the page for every association we had to perform.

Answer: We are aware of this issue occurring when many already existing issues need to be processed by the add-on in order to manage the approval configuration. In fact, on configuring the approvals for a new project, the problem does not exist.
Anyway, our plans for the next version to be released in September include an improvement of our Approval Mapping Administration screen that in addition with new features will fix the issue you have reported.

Question: When we used a multi-user field for approvers, every approver is listed twice - which is incorrect

Answer: I tried to reproduce the bug without success. Please, review my screenshots below and let my know if you have the equivalent scenario.
If the scenario differs, please, provide me further technical specifications.
If the scenario corresponds, please, let me know your specific JIRA configuration (Version, Database).
img1.png
img2.png
img3.png
img4.png

Question: We did not find a provision to apply further filtering using JQL. Without this, the system sent 1000s of emails when we associated an approval with a particular transition for an issue type in a project

Answer: Are you referring to the Conditional Rule? If yes, It allows to enable/disable required Approvals based on a custom condition and it is not mandatory to set it.
This feature has been required by customers needing that approvals are required only if specific conditions are satisfied.
The 1000s of emails sent can be due two simultaneous circumstances:
- you have set the Arn (Automatic Request Notification) =True
img5.PNG
- you had existing issues matching the configured setting.

The add-on behaves so that existing issues are made consistent with the applied configuration consequently, if ARN is set to true, the approval-required emails, not still sent, are sent.

If you do not need the required approval notifications are automatically sent, leave the Arn box unchecked as per default.This way the notifications are sent only on clicking the action buttons:

- to all the specific issue approvers on clicking the main request approval button
img6.PNG
- to a single approver on clicking the specific request approval button
img7.PNG

I hope it helps.

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events