Herzum Approval - email and comment customization

IT Accounts May 26, 2016

Is it possible to change comment format and email design? 

For instance change this text:

• Approval Plugin
  • Source Status : Approval
  • Transition Name : To Implementation
  • "Access approval" : APPROVED by User1 on 26/May/16 1:23 PM

Into something like

"To Implementation"  approved by User1 on 26/May/16 1:23 PM...

And change standard email notification design. By default it copies standard (default) Jira's design, but it is makes our users confused =(

2 answers

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2016

The two new features have been included in our release plan for version 4.0 (due date: September 23, 2016).

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

Please, see my answers below .

Is it possible to change comment format?

It is not possible actually.

I suggest to use the Approval History instead of 'Comment History'.

You can enable the Approval History via the Global Configuration screen (https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Approval+Global+Configuration).

The Approval History provides a rich set of customization including to hide the not desired information (e.g. Source issue status, Approval name)

Let me know if it can meet your need.

The example below shows the customization I have mentioned.

Setting

AH.PNG

Issue view

AH2.PNG

Is it possible to change email design?

Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Create+an+Approval+E-Mail+Template illustrates how to create an email template.

The allowed customization include show/hide/order the fields to show, customizing approval instructions, including attachments and add a condition to prioritize emails.

Actually is not allowed to change the email design.
Can you please provide me an example of the desired email design in order to evaluate a way to meet your needs?

IT Accounts May 27, 2016

About email:
Changing logo and adding some header and footer text could be enough. Because when users see JIRA logo they are getting confused.

Comments:

Comments are very important. The idea is not to switch off comments from plugin, but change their design. Think about this as feature request =), believe me, it is very important feature.
You don't need to do sophisticated "desgin manager" or smth. You may leave the same amount of information in comment, but just give users opportunity to choose what design to apply. For instance the one I described in the beggining or standard, or smth else...  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events