Herzum Approval - Send and receive approvals from email in custom field, not JIRA user

Adriana Cavazos October 9, 2018

Hello,

We are developing an application which will create a JIRA issue using REST APIs.  The project has approval mappings with automatic transitions and one of the approval steps needs to be sent to an email address that is not in the JIRA users list.  The receiver should still be able to reply to that email and @APPROVE or @REJECT the request.

How can this be accomplished?

Thanks,

Adriana.

1 answer

1 vote
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2018

Hello Adriana,

I’m the responsible for Customer support on Herzum apps for Atlassian Marketplace.

Our app provides the capability to include in the set of approvers the users that have no Application Access.

If you do not need that some users (approvers) login in your Jira and so you don’t want that them increase the license tier, maybe it can be an option, or not?

Kind Regards,

Antonella Capalbo

Adriana Cavazos October 23, 2018

Hello Antonella,

When I create a new Approval in the Herzum configuration, I can only select from:

Roles, Groups, Users (JIRA Users) or specific USER fields.

How can I set up a list of email addresses not tied to a JIRA user?

Thanks,

Adriana.

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2018

Hi Adriana,

The app doesn’t provide the capability to setup a list of email addresses (no tied to Jira users).

I wonder why you do not create users not having any application access and use them to meet this requirement.

Like henrik_gerdtsson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events