Herzum Approval Plugin - Approvals are permited for everyuser despite his roles, groups or whatever...

SBSavrasov January 21, 2016

After setting approvals, using "Approval Configuration" panel, I assigned some of them (using "Approval Mapping Administration") to one transition in specific workflow.
Despite conditions all green hands are available for pushing.

For instance:

Approval Name: Development Expertise
Detail: Can approve/reject: Service Desk - Change - Development Experts 
 Approval Name: Functional Expertise
Detail: Can approve/reject: Service Desk - Change - Functional Experts  

User is not in any of these roles, but can approve each of them.
User is in UserGroup, Project role connected with UserGroup. 
Without herzum all transition conditions is working.

It means that users in project roles, and it is not the main problem. 

3 answers

0 votes
SBSavrasov January 22, 2016

I`ve encountered really interesting situation. I deleted everything from "approval mapping administration" panel, and approval board (yellow line) from issue form didn't disappear.
It disappered only after disabling addon, and after I switched addon on it appeared in the same issue again (approval mapping administration was cleared) ! =) 
I created another issue of the same type, and it was without approval. I add approval settings on "approval mapping administration" panel, and everything is the same =( user can approve as functional and development expert =((

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2016

Hi Savrasov,

can you please run the issue in defineApproval() JQL function in order to check if the mentioned issue is returned?

IssueInDefineApproval.PNG

If the issue is returned, you have saved an Approval configuration for the single issue and it overwrite the Approval Mapping Configuration associated to Project/Issue Type.

Please, let me know.

SBSavrasov January 25, 2016

Yes, only one is returned, thanks!  So when I push "Define Approvals" button on issue screen (form), I set approval config for the single issue? Thanks! 

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Right!

I am glad I was able to help.

0 votes
SBSavrasov January 22, 2016
  1. Approval mapping: everything according docs. Look at Expertise -> To approval -> Approval. 
    Functional expertise and Development expertise are required. 

5.jpg

2. Functional and Development expertise (approvals) based on Project Roles.
So functional can be done only "Service Desk - Change - Functional Experts" and development by "Service Desk - Change - Development Experts"

4.jpg

3. Users and roles of the project: Both roles are assigned to prober groups.

"Service Desk - Change - Development Experts" to "jira-jiraservicedesk-change-development-experts". and
"Service Desk - Change - Functional Experts" to "jira-jiraservicedesk-change-functional-experts". and etc

2.jpg

4. User`s groups: user is in ONLY "jira-jiraservicedesk-change-development-experts", there is no jira-"jiraservicedesk-chage-functional-experts"!!!

3.jpg

5. Issue screen: USER CAN APPROVE AS FUNCTIONAL EXPERT! =( PAIN

issue-screen.jpg

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2016

I need the following additional screenshots:

• the Approval Global Configuration in order to check if the user has been set as superuser
    GlobalConfigurationPNG.PNG 
  • an enlarged view of the screenshot CHG-2 allowing to display the logged user 
    LoggedUser.PNG

Regards

SBSavrasov January 25, 2016

herzum1.jpg

herzum2.jpg

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2016

Our team has reproduced the bug.

The users enabled to approve are not properly processed when the required Approval are Project Role/s and Project Lead.

The bug occurs when the issue screen is loaded inside an Agile boards or inside a Service desk queues screen.

Add-on v.3.5 (due date February 2) is going to fix the bug.

Thank you for having reported the problem.

Best Regards

SBSavrasov February 11, 2016

Today is 12 February, and there is still no release:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.herzum.jira.plugin.approval.herzum-approval-plugin/server/overview

This plugin is ecential part of the workflow, and better say is extreamly vital right now. Please, can you provide me with details about its future releases? 
Maybe I`m searching its update in wrong place =\ (noncense) 

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2016

Add-on Version 3.5 is now available in the Marketplace.

Please let me know if it fixes your problem.

Sorry for the delay.

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2016

The bug you are reporting 'Approvals are permitted for every user despite his roles, groups or whatever...' needs to be investigated respect to your specific settings. We have already tried to reproduce it basing on the scenario you have reported by example but It seems not consistent respect to the behavior you expect.

Assuming the following Configurations
Approval Configuration based on a Project Role 

Cattura1.PNG

Approval Mapping Configuration where the required approval is a Project Role 

Cattura2.PNG

Scenario 1
The project role Developers is not associated to any user or group

Cattura4.PNG

The logged user dosn't belong to the Project Role and as expected the button is greyed.

Cattura3.PNG

Scenario 2
The user is associated to the group test

Cattura5.PNG

The project role *Developers * is associated to the group test

Cattura6.PNG

The logged user belong to the Project Role Developers and as expected the button is available for pushing

Cattura8.PNG

The scenario you have described seems similar to Scenario2, so, it is expected that the user can approve.

Please, in order to allow our team better understanding and investigating the problem, can you, please, provide the screenshots showing your effective settings?

if you prefer, you can open a ticket in our JIRA (https://chicago.herzum.com/jira/) allowing us contacting you to schedule a call.

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events