Help with sql query to display story estimate

Herman Esterhuizen June 7, 2018

I need help with a query to show the estimate/story point effort on a story in screen shot the 2

I making reports in PowerBi  writing SQL query's from the Jira database  I need the join tablets so i can display the estimate on the report.

screenshot.png

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2018

SQL is the worst possible way you can try to report on Jira, the database is simply not built for it.

If you insist on doing this the wrong way, then you will need to join jiraissue with customfield to find the field you want, then join again to customfieldvalue to read the data.

But please, don't.  Use the REST interface, or a reporting tool that understands Jira.

0 votes
Herman Esterhuizen June 7, 2018

@Ollie Guan I making reports in PowerBi  writing SQL query's from the Jira database  I need the join tablets so i can display the estimate on the report.

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2018

Hi @Herman Esterhuizen,

I don't understand what you want to do.

Do you need to display the story point field in the detail screen?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events