Help with commit acceptance to exclude a path from the commit hook

kevin shine October 10, 2012

Hi

Most of the time my team commit to the SVN repo and I want the client.pl hook to be executed and I want them to be forced to add the JIRA Key to the commit message. However I have some clients that are committing to a certain folder in the repo and I dont want them to enter a JIRA project key.

Is there a way in the client.pl to exclude a certain path? I know nothing about perl so really need some help with this.

Many thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

The Commit Acceptance Plugin does not support this.

The Commit Policy plugin can check the existence of issue keys (against a JQL) in your commit message, and you can limit the verification to certain paths using a regular expression.

If you use a regex like this, you can check the commits only on trunk, for example:

trunk/*
0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2013

Hey there, Kevin.

Are you still facing issues with the plugin or do you have any further queries about it? If yes, I would suggest you to reach out to the support engineers by raising a ticket in https://support.atlassian.com so they can help you to tackle this problem. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events