Having a problem with the 1.7 tinymce plugin and JIRA 5.0.7 keystrokes not being read

Thackett May 1, 2013

Having a problem with the 1.7 tinymce plugin and JIRA 5.0.7.

When user is typing in fields it just refuses to recognize keystrokes in some FFX 20.0.1 and IE 9.0.8112.16421, however Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m does not seem to havfe the same issues.

For example when typing:

"The quick brown fox jumped over the slow lazy dog" in IE/FFX you might get: "Th q brw x d vr th w zy d"

The unrecognized keystrokes appear to be consistent over time, however are inconsistent from initial create to editing a saved field, when you first open the field you might not be able to typce c or g but other characters work. Later they don't. You can copy and paste text in with no issues.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Hi Thackett,

I suspect this has something to do with keyboard shortcuts...

Can you please navigate to YourName->Keyboard shorcuts and disable them?

Stéphane

Thackett May 2, 2013

Thank you Stephane. This did not resolve my problem when I disabled them for my individual account but I was able to solve the issue by disabling the keyboard shortcuts plugin completely from the admin page.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2013

Hey there, Thackett.

You can also speed things up on your side by contacting the respective plugin vendor to address the concern that you have.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events