Has the upload limit been reduced on Marketplace?

Robert Zientarski November 8, 2017

After uploading to Marketplace two files with 31MB we receives information that Maximum file size upload reached. 

Can I get information how much limit was reduced?

Is there any possibility to increase file upload limit?

Regards,

Robert Zientarski from SoftwarePlant.

1 answer

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2019

You are probably all set meanwhile, but for future visitors, I recommend to ask such app development and vendor business related questions in the dedicated Atlassian Developer Community's Marketplace Vendor category.

Artifact Upload Restrictions

There is meanwhile a KB article on the Artifact Upload Restrictions that supposedly explains the conditions for the "Maximum file size upload reached. Please try again later" error that vendors encounter every now and then:

The Atlassian Marketplace has restrictions in place regarding the uploading of artifacts to the platform, these restrictions are as follows.

Users must wait at least ten seconds between uploading artifacts. This is typically only an issue for bots / automation.

Users are limited to uploading artifacts adding up to ~250 MB over any given two hour period.

The hard set limit for an individual artifact is 104.8576mb

If any of these restrictions are hit then the upload will fail and a corresponding ERROR will be thrown in the UI.

That being said, as your example illustrates, vendors have encountered the error also in situations that are not violating these restrictions (just happened to myself), and the best guess is that either some calculations are off in the service backend, or some additional restrictions are not yet documented.

Potential Workaround

Anyway, for me it just worked after waiting for the mentioned two hour period, even though the resp. condition clearly didn't apply, but maybe that's a general timeout for these validations and thus worth given a shot when encountering such problems.

Marketplace Vendor Support Service Desk

For anyone encountering these kind of issues and being unable to reconcile by themselves, I recommend to file a support request via the Marketplace Vendor Support service desk:

Welcome, Marketplace Vendors! You can search the Marketplace documentation, raise a support request, report a bug or give feedback: all right here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events