Group By - using a custom field

The Gantt chart plugin currently supports grouping by the following options in the Project Portfolio Tracking view:

Is it possible to configure the plugin to support grouping by a custom field?

2 answers

Yes, that makes sense and I already have that on my roadmap as additional feature. Based on handling support requests and other topics, like preparation for publishing v2.2, I cannot communicate a concrete timestamp of availability, yet.

My approach will take the "order by" clause of JQL to automatically do the correct grouping, so you can use it within any JIRA filter or for ad-hoc queries as well.

Regards,
Frank

Would creating a new global custom field of type "group sign-off", result in having an additional group by option?

Mohammed,

you are mixing two different plugins for JIRA: my "Gantt-Chart Plugin" and Soyatec's "Gantt-Chart Project Plugin". Please contact the correct vendor of the plugin, you are using.

I have focussed on enterprise usage of my customers with a minimalistic interface, efficient re-scheduling logic in the background and high integration into JIRA (you can embedded "Gantt-Chart" as additional field to JIRA's Issue Navigator/search result), whereas Soyatec's approach has a huge amount of icons and click options - more like a drawing tool. It depends on your personal preferences ...

Regards,
Frank

Sorry about that. I will post this for Soyatec. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,265 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you