Group Agent for Bamboo v4.4+

Jonathan Derham August 13, 2013

The Bamboo Group Agent plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.edwardawebb.bamboo-group-agent) sounds like it would be the perfect solution to our current issue, where multiple projects are all using the same bamboo management server, yet each project has their own build server with a remote agent installed on it. We want to ensure that each project's jobs are run on their own build server.

However, I see that this plugin only supports Bamboo versions 3.3 - 4.0.1. Before we go and attempt an install and try to get it working (we're a little strapped for time at the moment), is there another version of this plugin planned for the later bamboo versions or another plugin altogether that we should be using to accomplish the same thing? We don't want to have to rely on Project One configuring their jobs correctly to prevent their jobs from running on Project Two's build server, and vice versa.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Hi there.

As the author of the plugin all I can say is that I _hope_ to upgrade the plugin to be bamboo 5 compatible with some new functionality.

But stands today it should run just fine in Bamboo 4.4, but you will have to upload the jar from the UPM as marketplace only lists it up to 4.0.1.

Your use case sounds simpler though, and capabilites/requirements would work, but be a good deal of maintenance. Just assign a custom requirement to the jobs. (ie. team1) and then create those capabilities for the agents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events