Groovy runner: call a script in aother script

Céline M September 15, 2014

Dear all,

We are working with JIRA 4.4 and groovy runner 2.0.7. We succeed to do some scripts but now I try to call a function developped in a Script to use it in another script.

For example, I try to develop a script to initialize a date into fields:

package util

public class SetFieldToCurrentDate{
public static void setDate (String customFieldName){ Issue myIssue = issue FunctionHelper.updateCustomFieldDate(myIssue,customFieldName,UtilDateTime.nowTimestamp(),false) }
}

And I try to call this function in another script:

import util.SetFieldToCurrentDate

SetFieldToCurrentDate.setDate("Réception");

but I encounter an error log:
 unable to resolve class util.SetFieldToCurrentDate

Please, could you help me to understand why it doesn't run...

2 answers

0 votes
Céline M September 15, 2014

Hi Jamie,

We will migrate in JIRA 6.x next year, but for the moment it isn't possible.

So I would like find another solution. It isn't possible with this version to call a function of one groovy script in another groovy script?

Best regards,

Céline

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

As I said: In old versions the utility class would need to be on jira's classpath, IIRC that is, copy it under web-inf/classes, according to the package.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

I would try to update, both JIRA and the plugin, has all this kind of thing works well in recent versions. 

But for one thing your code doesn't look valid, apart from it's all on one line, this looks wrong:

Issue myIssue = issue FunctionHelper.updateCustomFieldDate

In old versions the utility class would need to be on jira's classpath, IIRC. Like I say, best to update if at all possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events