Groovy + mailhandlerd custofield null during script execution

Jira 4.4.4

Groovy latest version 2.0.6

I'm encountering and annoyng situation

I've a listener defined that oncreation and oncomment send custom email

Oncomment works fine, during the oncreate i can't recieve any mail. seems that he can't read any value from customfield , neither from watchers.

I've tried to modify the script to send the customemail to a direct email addresses and my intuition was correct, all custom field are null.

I'm using the enhanced mail handler (0.9.9) to create the issue could it be him? if i create directly from interface seems to work but customfield are all valued

1 answer

Hello!

Yes, there an outstanding 'bug' that is historical in how JEMH works. Many field values are not available to PostFunctions in issues currently created by JEMH. A lot of the 5.0+ features have trumped fixing it. It is on my roadmap but has not been fixed yet.

yeah noticed and solved in a different way :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,365 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you